Digital Media Specialist 3M
For more information, contact:
3M Talent Management
3M is seeking a Digital Media Specialist for the Consumer Business Group.
In this role, you will support search (SEM, SEO) and digital advertising campaigns for 3M Consumer Business Group brands (e.g. Post-it® Brand, Scotch® Brand, ACE™ Brand, etc…). This role will include responsibility in three key areas of eMarketing: 1) Search Engine Marketing (SEM); 2) Search Engine Optimization (SEO): 3) planning, executing and measuring Online Advertising (OLA) for digital-only and digital/traditional campaigns.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage paid search investment to meet ROI goals using various optimization tactics
- Develop relevant keyword lists
- Review and maintain bid management rules based on business stakeholder feedback
- Write and test engaging ad text copy
- Track conversions and manage spend to allocated budgets
- Work with search engines on beta testing of new tools
- Coordinate, setup, and maintenance of any search engine or agency search platforms tools.
- Continuously conduct SEO (search engine optimization) analyses, report results, and implement changes to improve results.
- Collaborate with C&O e-commerce managers to optimize search on key distribution partner websites.
- Drive understanding of search marketing amongst C&O marketers and management through best practice sharing, reports/dashboards and presentations
- Lead analysis of brand landing pages and recommend optimization tactics for improving conversion.
- Establish key objectives for each brand landing page, conduct analyses and report results
- Work with eMetrics Analyst to recommend and facilitate multivariate testing of page recipes for improved conversion.
- Collaborate with marketing, communications , advertising team members and with agencies on the development of online media plans
- Establish audience profiles and primary strategies to guide media planning and annual evaluations
- Manage in-flight optimization through creative, network and targeting
- Report on results and recommendations; keep database of results
- Continuously seek and test new strategies and tactics to improve OLA effectiveness
- Directly manage media as well as manage media through the advertising agency of record
- Provide operational oversight and quarterly performance reviews of on-line media agencies
- Manage and grow online advertising and network/publisher relationships by negotiating terms, rates, and added value opportunities
- Educate key influencers and stakeholders about digital media best practices
Day-to-day activities include:
- Proactively seek information and clarification to ensure work delivered exceeds business unit and ‘greater 3M’ expectations.
- Stay abreast of latest trends in the industry with constant research and implement strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Develop, implement and maintain comprehensive SEM, SEO and OLA strategies and recommendations.
- Conduct research and develop quality keyword portfolios utilizing SEM and SEO tools and resources.
- Write effective ad copy that complies with search engine guidelines and integrates industry best practices.
- Navigate a variety of search analytics tools to mine the appropriate performance data (experience with WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics an asset).
Location: The person hired for the position of Digital Media Specialist will be located in Maplewood, MN and relocation benefits are not authorized for this position. This position may include up to 10% travel.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years combined experience with Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and/or Online Advertising
- Minimum of 3 years online media planning and/or buying experience
- Experience with supplier management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups)
- Google AdWords Certified
- Excellent quantitative, analytic and problem solving skills; ability to translate metrics into actionable proposals
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with analytics software (Google Analytics, Webtrends, Coremetrics)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate at all levels of understanding of search and online advertising
- Proficiency in Google AdWords
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects and tasks in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For a complete description, and to apply for consideration, go to 3M's Careers Web Site (http://3m.com/careers-us). Click "Search & Apply", and in the “Job Number” field input 1303122 then click "Search for Jobs". To view the description, click on the title of the position. 3M is an EEOE.