Magento Programmer (952) 851-9400 August Ash, Inc.
For more information, contact:
We are currently seeking a full-time, on-site Magento programmer to join us. Duties would primarily consist of developing and maintaining custom web applications built using Magento, writing extensions, architecting new Magento projects. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a coding challenge.
- Minimum of 3 years strong PHP coding experience
- Minimum of 2 years real-world Magento development experience
– Developing and integrating customized extensions into Magento applications
- Familiarity with source control (Subversion/Git)
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem rather than jumping at the first answer
- A preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and technologies
Proven Skills & Technical Requirements:
- Expertise in authoring and extending Magento extensions
– No core code modifications
- Expertise in database concepts (MySQL)
- Competent with MVC & PHP object-oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of Magento configuration options
- Strong knowledge of Magento-specific data organization
– Product attribute sets/attributes
– Product import
- Strong knowledge of Magento theme components (layout, block, template)
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Ingenuity to leverage all the tools at your disposal
- Comfort working with Linux in a web-oriented context
- In-depth knowledge of PCI compliance and other e-commerce industry topics
Contributions to open-source or Magento community
Knowledge of optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
Multi-website, store view deployment
Mobile site development
This position is a salary position with family benefits including health, dental, life, paid vacation and short term disability.
In order to be considered for employment, you must fill out our online employment application.