MIMA Board: Marketing Director MIMA
For more information, contact:
MIMA is looking for someone special to join to our awesome Board of Directors in a Marketing Director role. This person will join two co-Marketing Directors looking to increase the creative output for promoting all things MIMA.
Our mission at MIMA is to inspire and enable our members to continue to create the most innovative and effective marketing and ideas in the world, and thus promote the awesome talent pool in our community. Our board is comprised of motivated, entrepreneurial, curious, clever individuals who are passionate about interactive marketing and the great state of Minnesota.
With two words-oriented Marketing Directors (both PR refugees currently working in Digital and Social strategy) we need someone who can help us make great ideas into a reality. In other words, it’s a bonus if you come from a design background, but not required.
Interested? Read the formal details below and holler at us as soon as possible. We’d love to meet you.
MIMA BOARD EXPECTATIONS:
The Board of the Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association is elected to manage,
supervise, and control the business of MIMA, while providing clear and succinct
stewardship that drives member enthusiasm and continues to keep the association
remarkable—with functions including, but not limited to:
1. Determine and execute association policy
2. Appoint and remunerate agents of the association
3. Collect and disburse funds of the association
4. Adopt rules and regulations for the conduct of association business
5. Supervise the affairs of the association EXPECTATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS OF MIMA BOARD MEMBERS
1. Maintain a high degree of familiarity with marketing and interactive issues, concerns
2. Board members must be an Association member in good standing and should be
well informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs.
3. Each board members should regularly attend the scheduled board meetings every
month. Meetings are typically held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on the first Wednesday
of the month. Executive committee meetings are held monthly by appointment.
Board members are expected to have no more than two (2) excused absences
throughout the year.
4. Board members are expected to be prepared for meetings by reviewing board
minutes and reports in advance.
5. All board members are required to serve on a minimum of one committee during the
calendar year, providing leadership and coaching to the Committee Chair (when
available) and committee members.
6. Each board member is also expected to take an active role in ensuring the success
of the MIMA Summit held each year in the fall, and is expected to attend the Summit.
7. Each board members must represent MIMA positively within the community and be
willing to gain community support for the association by educating and informing
others about MIMA, including, but not limited to:
Potential new association members
Candidates for board membership
8. Board members should be willing to suggest possible nominees to the board and/or
committees for potential service.
9. Each board member will attend the association’s educational programming events